The school year has started, and I have been investing in the best ways to balance school at home and personal projects. You have class, work to after class, homework, maybe sports or projects work (i.e., your biz or passion project), and everyday self-care. Sometimes it can seem like a lot, and figuring out a way to organize it can be super reassuring + helpful.
Yesterday I took 15ish minutes just to write down all the tasks I need to complete in the next week and organized day by day what I want to get done, then I create an hourly schedule for today’s todos.
Today, I want to share my newest productivity, student life tip organized in two categories starting with…
The Day Before
- Write out a master list of all todos you want to complete in the next week.
- Create an hourly schedule just for tomorrow and incorporate the todos from your master list.
- Start your tasks and follow your schedule.
- When the next task starts, switch to it, even if you did not complete the task before.
- Continue following the schedule and when you get through the whole schedule, return to those first activities that you may have not finished. By this time, you will have most of your todos done, and just the finishing touches left.
- Complete those and end your day feeling happy with what you completed and excited for tomorrow!
Do you ever feel like the new school year can be sort of overwhelming/how do you stay organized?